Terry2124

1. Motorcycle course a success

Saturday June 3rd 2017 was my first time on a motorcycle. I was learning on a Honda CBR125R, small little bike but fun. The instructors at Canadore College were great, the course is designed to teach from the ground up which is great for people like me who have never ridden before. Once I got the hang of the clutch and finding the sweet spot things got much better from there. Saturday and Sunday were long days, from 0800 hrs to 1630 hrs we were pretty sore and tired. The most important thing to take away from the course is safety and never give up. There are times when it feels like "I can't do this" but keep pressing on and the confidence will come. One lady dropped out of the course because she felt her skill was not up to par, I know she could do it, practice with the throttle and clutch to gain confidence and I hope she goes back to complete the course.
    Categories
    Terry's Blog
  2. June 2017

June will be a busy month, I will be completing my "B" class license, taking the motorcycle safety course at Canadore College and obtaining my M2 and I will be starting my AZ license with Transport Training Centres Canada. In August I will be able to operate any class vehicle in Ontario.

#OpDisenthrallment was a huge success, best decision ever and everything is still going according to plan.

The weather in Mattawa is taking its time.....It will be nice when the summer weather kicks in, sooner the better because I will be very busy training and working.
    Categories
    Terry's Blog
  3. Thou shall be Pardoned?

The pope just announced that he gave permission for all catholic priests to "forgive" abortion.

What do you think about this statement?

Is is this a step forward or is this proof that people are so consumed by religion that common sense is thrown out the window? This statement in my opinion feels like we moved from the 16th century to the 17th century. For many, belief trumps common sense, belief trumps science and clouds their judgment. There are double standards for some religions. The statement from the pope tells me that women who had an abortion prior to him granting permission to forgive, were all condemned to hell.
    Categories
    Terry's Blog
  4. Out-Routine Has Commenced

#OpDisenthrallment

It has begun, I speak none other than the fabulous routine of clearing out. The light at the end of the tunnel could not be brighter and appear closer. Not only is #OpDisenthrallment a count down (73 days but who is counting?), but I have two more mini count downs. Days till leave (27 days), Leave itself with a big total of 44 days and last but not least a count down of actual working days left (19). I have posted a couple of screenshots of #OpDisenthrallment via Twitter, today is the first day I post the countdown on Facebook.
    Categories
    Terry's Blog
  5. #OpDisenthrallment

#OpDisenthrallment

I have not posted any updates in a while. The reason for this is due to major stressors at work. I made a decision to decline any further contract. This is the best decision for my family and for myself. I believe in loyalty and no matter what is sacrificed the outcome will always and forever be the same, treated like a bag of dirt. In about 100 days I will be able to give more details.

I wanted to complete the White Hill expedition but its difficult doing so alone. We will be moving back to Mattawa, Ontario in February. Home sweet home and lost of wilderness for adventures. We are very excited and this site will be getting much love.

#OpDisenthrallment is a count down to the 29 January 2017. What happens after that you ask? Freedom.
    Categories
    Terry's Blog
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast