Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Seal Team Six Survival kit

  1. #1

    Seal Team Six Survival kit

    The camera man sucks but the video gives an idea of a good survival kit.



  2. #2

    Re: Seal Team Six Survival kit

    it's always good practice to carry explosives when you're in the woods, for example take a few sticks of dynamite with you when you go hiking, or quading.

    better safe than sorry

  3. #3

    Re: Seal Team Six Survival kit

    Quote Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    it's always good practice to carry explosives when you're in the woods, for example take a few sticks of dynamite with you when you go hiking, or quading.

    better safe than sorry
    explosives?.. Ok....

  4. #4

    Re: Seal Team Six Survival kit

    Are you Serious??? WTF, how could you survive using explosives?

  5. #5

    Re: Seal Team Six Survival kit

    Please do give me an example of how you would use explosives in a survival situation.

  6. #6

    Re: Seal Team Six Survival kit

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke36 View Post
    Please do give me an example of how you would use explosives in a survival situation.
    you could rig up a trip line that once sprung it lights the fuse of the dynamite, so you could set that up near some apples and when some unsuspecting deer or whatever strolls through there you'll have some much needed food if you're going to be out in the wilderness for a couple days.

    you could also use dynamite for fishing, self protection against wolves, moose, bears, cougars, lions, rhinoceros, etc.

  7. #7

    Re: Seal Team Six Survival kit

    Quote Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    you could rig up a trip line that once sprung it lights the fuse of the dynamite, so you could set that up near some apples and when some unsuspecting deer or whatever strolls through there you'll have some much needed food if you're going to be out in the wilderness for a couple days.

    you could also use dynamite for fishing, self protection against wolves, moose, bears, cougars, lions, rhinoceros, etc.

    You plan on tenderizing your meat and wasting 2/3 of it? I find a few things wrong.

    1. Possession of explosives are illegal
    2. Where would you buy them?
    3. How on earth would you carry them and not blow yourself up?
    4. How do you not blow yourself up?

  8. #8

    Re: Seal Team Six Survival kit

    <code class="snippet"><script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.11.1/jquery.min.js"></script></code>
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke36 View Post
    You plan on tenderizing your meat and wasting 2/3 of it?
    2/3 is better than no meat at all (you'd have wished you carried explosives then)

    Where would you buy them?
    north preston

    How on earth would you carry them and not blow yourself up?
    explosives don't just ignite by themselves, to minimize the risk of explosion while on your person you'd have to carry them in a seperate container away from any open flame or excessive heat (don't put them on top of a fire, to warm them up at night)

    How do you not blow yourself up?
    you just have to be careful, it is actually pretty easy to not blow yourself up, just carelessness and a complete disregard for routine safety precautions are a cause for a lot of accidents and make things seem more 'dangerous' than they really are.<code class="snippet">
    </code>

  9. #9

    Re: Seal Team Six Survival kit

    Quote Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    <code class="snippet"><script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.11.1/jquery.min.js"></script></code>
    2/3 is better than no meat at all (you'd have wished you carried explosives then)


    north preston


    explosives don't just ignite by themselves, to minimize the risk of explosion while on your person you'd have to carry them in a seperate container away from any open flame or excessive heat (don't put them on top of a fire, to warm them up at night)


    you just have to be careful, it is actually pretty easy to not blow yourself up, just carelessness and a complete disregard for routine safety precautions are a cause for a lot of accidents and make things seem more 'dangerous' than they really are.<code class="snippet">
    </code>

    I have to admit Barney, I believe explosives are a bad idea. The point of wilderness survival is to utilize the bare minimum creatively to your advantage. Animals generally are not a problem and certainly not monsters out to get you. You also failed to mention the legality and possession of said explosives.

    On the other hand, a flare would be handy if you have room in your survival kit. It can be used to signal for help or start a fire in a worst case scenario.